Prev: Re: Movies Next: Re: Movies

[OT] SDF Macross on DVD

From: Aaron Teske <mithramuse@n...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 22:23:01 -0400
Subject: [OT] SDF Macross on DVD

Okay, this is a bit OT, but since Japanese starships (and Robotech* in
particular) have come up on the list of late, I figure I'm not too far
outta line here. ^_^

Animeigo is working on releasing a subtitled version of SDF Macross as a

DVD box set.  They are "literally going over each episode scene by
scene,
correcting errors, erasing film defects (scratches and dust), and quite
frankly making it look better than the original negatives!" (per the
website, below).  Anyone (in the US or Canada, at least -- my apologies
non-North American list members, they don't have a license for anywhere
else! ^_^;; ) who is willing to buy the set should go to the site below
and
register for a pre-order, 'cause it'll let you save a *bundle* off the
list
price.

http://macross.animeigo.com/

And thus endeth the [OT] announcement... though, I suppose I should note

that I have no connections to Animeigo, other that believing they're one
of
the finest US suppliers of anime (apart from the fact that they don't
release enough -- of course, if they released more, quality might
suffer,
so...).

					Aaron

*: For those not in the know, Robotech is actually made up of 3 totally
different series that were strung together by omissions, some changes in

sequence, and (well, duh, it's dubbing ^_- ) altered dialogue.	This is
the
*original* SDF Macross, in full, no cuts or anything like that.
Animeigo
may do the other two series (Southern Cross and Mospaeda) in a similar

Prev: Re: Movies Next: Re: Movies