Prev: RE: [FT] Fighter Balance Next: [FT] Ship movement and fast play Re: [FT] Fighter Balance

Re: [FT] Fighter Balance

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:28:34 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Fighter Balance

On 12-Jul-01 at 10:23, devans@uneb.edu (devans@uneb.edu) wrote:

> However, even in your repeated battle case, I'd have to give the
fighter
> squadron's flexibility, including 'bunching up' the opposition around
> ADFC's, the edge.

I haven't fought anything large enough that this became an issue.
Of course, my rule for my ships is if it has 3 PDS's it gets an
ADFC.

> I find the morale rules an added step and complication,
> something to be avoided, but it looks to be a necessary balance to me.

I'd drop SML's entirely and go pure fighters without morale rules.

> Again, this tends to be in view of one who plays relatively slow
movement.
> Natch, SML's keep me awake at night.

Gotta love those easy targets.	:)

Roger

Prev: RE: [FT] Fighter Balance Next: [FT] Ship movement and fast play Re: [FT] Fighter Balance