Prev: RE: FT-Number crunching required (HELP) Next: Re: MTM Ranges, Fighters et al

RE: FT-Number crunching required (HELP)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:29:52 +1000
Subject: RE: FT-Number crunching required (HELP)

G'day Brian,

 >When MT Missiles came out they matched
 >fighter endurance and Fast Fighters for speed.
 >
 >I have, in this adjustment, kept that balance.
 >For vector, I change the middle 2 point turn
 >for a starting 2 point turn.
 >
 >In play it may be too much, but in the limited
 >playtests, it has not proven so. A +/- 2 point
 >turn means that it take 3 turns to turn arround.

Do you play high speed or manuverable ships? We've tried 18" primary +
9"
or 6" secondary move and even then we don't usually have trouble hitting

something. Based on that I just would've thought that 36" was a lot more

than you needed (even accounting for the 2pt turn restriction) -
especially
compared to what an SM/SM-E can do. How do you work actual engagement,
do
they have to touch or do they have an engagement envelope?

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: RE: FT-Number crunching required (HELP) Next: Re: MTM Ranges, Fighters et al