Prev: Re: FT-Number crunching required (HELP) Next: RE: FT-Number crunching required (HELP)

figure poses and MICVs

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 21:55:42 -0400
Subject: figure poses and MICVs

Ryan said:
A demolitions guy planting a charge or a
mine. (sappers still exist in SG right?)

[Tomb adds]
I'd like to see the generic line added to in
the form of a few engineering figures - one
in bulky armour with a mine detector (maybe
even modified PA, though sensitive mines
could be setoff by PA servos), and maybe
one planting a mine (CDM) and any other
good poses for engineers (where's Full
Metal Atkinson when I need him?). The
reason I suggest generic is because then
you could paint the fatigues to match any
other army and you only need one line of
these. The PSB is of course that as
engineers and demo/anti-demo types use
special kit, they'll look different from the regs
of any force anyway.

[Tomb continues blathering]

MICVs:
AIFV, RFAC/1, GMS/L, 2 infantry teams -
fits in a size 3 vehicle but is illegal. Note
someone said infantry teams are 6-8 guys. I
believe DS2 specifies on infantry element to
be 3-5 guys. Therefore the typical 7-8 man
squad in an APC is actually TWO DS2
elements, and therefore the design should
be legal. Talking to Oerjan previously, given
the weapon I had in mind is TOW II or
Hellfire, the GMS should be GMS/H. And
that not only blows weapon fit, it blows
capacity too.

Of course, if we had some rules for
weapons mounted outside of armour (like I
think the TOW is on a Bradley), then we
could use capacity "outside" the vehicle.

Tomb

Prev: Re: FT-Number crunching required (HELP) Next: RE: FT-Number crunching required (HELP)