Prev: RE: FT-Number crunching required (HELP) Next: Re: David's vehicle design

Long Overdue Kudos for ship design

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 09:15:31 -0400
Subject: Long Overdue Kudos for ship design

I was looking over the FSE ships the other day and was reminded how much
Jon
reused ship bodies in the FSE line.

Trieste is a modified San Miguel (or vice versa).
The Milan is a modified Suffren
The Jerez is a Sufferen with a tail assembly
The Ypres is s Milan with a tail assembly
The Roma is a Ypres with the notches filled

A great reuse of hulls! Realy brings the designs together. And quite
logical
for a navy to duplicate as many parts as possible to reduce logistics
and
repair.

The ESU is similar using the Warsaw hull in the Volga and Tibet.
The NSL also trade parts.

Again kudos to Jon.

-----
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com
http://www.ftsr.org/
-----

[snip]

> Ta for the ideas, Tom, though I don't sculpt the figures myself - we
use
> freelance designers for that. I fabricate the vehicles and starships,
but
> I'm not (and never will be) a figure sculptor.
[snip]