Prev: RE: Photos (was:Re: New IF ships) Next: Re: NIFT Stealth II Trial AAR

RE: David's vehicle design

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 08:07:25 -0400
Subject: RE: David's vehicle design

Whoohooo!!!

So I can get a Size 3 vehicle with 5 MDC/2s (14cap) and 2 APSWs (1cap)?
Allright!

I think that the weapon number limited to vehicle size is a good rule.
Perhaps APSWs and Fragmentation Belts should not count toward the max
weapons numbers (but still cost capacity points)? Still, it would be
annoying to see a size-3 IFV with 16 APSWs.

Unfortunatly, I think that Jon will have to do a complete revamp on DS2
vehicle design for DS3 or BDS as it clearly has multiple problems (Power
Plants do not take different capacities, Different mobility options are
not
balanced [some take more advanced power plants, but this fails to
balance
the mobility types], Armor takes no capacity, so there if VERY little
reason
to take less than max armor, Open Top has NO advantages (not even cost),
GMS
takes too little capacity for the damage they inflict, etc.). Also there
needs to be consolidation on construction between DS and SG (drones,
SLAM,
etc.).

-----
Brian Bell