Prev: Re: NIFT Stealth II Trial AAR Next: Re: NIFT Stealth II Trial AAR

Re: NIFT Stealth II Trial AAR

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 18:57:13 -0400
Subject: Re: NIFT Stealth II Trial AAR

> > Glenn said
> > > I thought the stealth benefits of the F117 make it a *Less*
> > aerodynamic design for flight?  That's why it's nicknamed the
Wobbling' Goblin
> > (Or  some such) IIRC...
> >
> > The 117 is *extremely* aerodynamic, compared to eg a Der
Theuerdank

Derk said:
> But is this a valid argument? The F117 is an aircraft turned
stealth, and
> it's less aerodynamic than normal aircraft. Given the constraints of
> spacecraft, does it take more effort to make a stealthed,
aerodynamic
> spacecraft, than it does to make only stealthed or only aerodynamic
> spacecraft? Those are very different matters entirely?

My point is that a F117 may be a bit less aerodynamic than eg a F15,
but it still works pretty well as an aircraft.	I expect it would be
easier to make it one OR the other, I'm just saying they're not
incompatible.  Or maybe I'm just blithering.	   :-b...

Prev: Re: NIFT Stealth II Trial AAR Next: Re: NIFT Stealth II Trial AAR