Prev: Armour crew bail out Next: Re: Photos (was:Re: New IF ships)

Suggested figure posings (for Jon Tuffley)

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 16:17:44 -0400
Subject: Suggested figure posings (for Jon Tuffley)

<I've posted this to the list to see if anyone
else has any new ideas or likes these>

Jon:

I've seen many figure poses over the last few
years (having bought NSL, PAU, Gurkha, OUDF,
FSE, NAC, Dutch, NI, ESU and other forces).
Some are great, some look like they are trying
hard to stretch in ways normal humans never
could. Action poses tend to be either really
solid looking, or really silly looking.

One pose I have never seen, standing, prone,
or kneeling, which would make for a good
action pose:

Figure (if standing or kneeling) with rifle held in
one hand by the pistol grip, barrell near
vertical.  Other hand with a magazine in it (no
mag in the rifle). This represents mag-changing
- either throwing out the old mag or about to
insert a new one. If the figure was prone, the
rifle would probably be laid sideways on the
ground.

In a similar vein, you might have  the same
pose but instead of having a mag in the off
hand, you might have him fishing into a mag
pouch.

This would give you (if you used some of  your
existing rifle-in-air poses) a number of new
combat poses for a number of current ranges
with only minimal resculpt. And it would add a
realistic combat activity not often represented.

Also, some poses with a figure throwing a hand
grenade (yes, there are grenade launchers, but
the hand grenade will still have uses indoors
and when attacking over obstacles or into
depressed locations or if you want to bounce
your attack into a tough spot) would be nice.

Just a thought since you've admitted to being in
a Scultping Mindset. If I've gotta have you
sculpting instead of working on FMAS, DS3 or
BDS, then I want you sculpting ground-pounder
stuff! :)

Tomb Raider

Prev: Armour crew bail out Next: Re: Photos (was:Re: New IF ships)