Prev: David's vehicle design Next: Re: New IF ships

Re: David's vehicle design

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 15:46:05 -0400
Subject: Re: David's vehicle design

At 3:15 PM -0400 7/7/01, Thomas Barclay wrote:
>Ryan's comments were based on DS2 vehicle
>design. I believe your design is SG2 legal,
>though I could be mistaken. There is no
>difference (save terrain effects) for mobility
>types in SG2. In DS2, vehicles move differing
>distances based on the mobility type (as well as
>having different terrain effects by mob type).

The DS2 system is a more complex form of what is in SG right? SG
omits vehicle movement rules since one isn't able to move faster than
12" per turn with a vehicle.

>And as for the "too many weapons" comment,
>that is a legal comment from DS2 but that
>particular rule is a blatant crock (IMO). Try

If folks are willing to toss that out then I am as well.

>building a jeep with a quad .50 mount. This can
>be done in real life, but is waaaay illegal under
>DS2 rules. 4 APSWs on a size one vehicle? Not
>possible, apparently. So this rule is frequently
>ignored.

Perhaps you mean something larger like a M2 Half Track with the Quad
50 mount? A jeep with for M2HBs would be pretty heavy.

Though the Ontos with 6 105mm RRs would also violate the rule I
guess. I sometimes break it with some vehicles anyhow I think. Mostly
in augmentations of additional SAWs and MMGs like on the Merkava: a
120mm main gun, a 60mm mortar, a Coax MG in 7.62, an  external Coax
.50 MG, a TC's 7.62MG and a Loader's 7.62MG, 6 weapons on an
ostensibly size 3 or size 4 tank.

I'm somewhat

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -

Prev: David's vehicle design Next: Re: New IF ships