Prev: RE: DS & SG at Gen Con Next: Re: New IF ships

Re: Bail out

From: "David L. Dunn - DLD Productions" <dldproductions@z...>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 09:19:25 -0700
Subject: Re: Bail out

In my experience, as a tanker with 1/33rd Bn Ft. Lewis WA.
Humans don't like being in something that is likely to blow-up.  In the
old M60A3
(just dated myself),  we had ammo storage next to the driver, (about 10
rnds), a ready rack on the floor, (in front of the loader), and the
honey combs in the turret bustle, (behind the loader), being the loader
sux as one can tell!
We had a training accident, where during a night engagemnet, one of the
tanks on "over-watch", thought they had spotted a "pop-up" target and
engaged it.  Granted, we were using training APFSDS, but the round
penetrated the turret rear of the tank that was returning to the start
line, (the gun tube was aimed  down range, hence the round scoring a
turret rear hit!), and it (the round) bounced around inside before
exiting the TC hatch, taking with it ,.......certain body parts from Lt
Delgato, setting off the .50 cal. ammo
stored in the TC coupula.  All 4 of the occupants, either under their
own power or someone elses, bailed.  Out of 4 crewmen, only one escaped
uninjured! He immediately treated the others for their wounds until
medical help came.  Yes. He got the Bronze Star. No. it wasn't me.
IMO, if the troops are untrained/green, and the vehicle gets hit,
regardless if it pens or not, they bail.  If they are regulars, the
vehicle gets hit, but not pen, supression.  If it is a pen, Confidence
test, suppression. If they fail, bail!	Suppression.
Vets, CO. Test if a pen. If they fail, suppression. 2nd hit, regardless
of a pen or no pen, bail w/ suppression.
Elites aren't stupid.  They are worth more alive, than dead heroes.  I'd
apply the same as for Vets.
I dunno.  It just sounds more......yea...something.

--
David L. Dunn
DLD Productions

http://zippnet.net/~dldproductions/

Prev: RE: DS & SG at Gen Con Next: Re: New IF ships