Prev: Re: [SG2] New Rules Playtest Results Next: Re: [FT] New FAC? Was "New IF ships"

Re: New IF ships

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:12:10 -0400
Subject: Re: New IF ships

> >You have just volunteered for the job. Good luck :-)
>
> Oh dear god, you know not what you say!

Let's define what you (and not we) have volunteered for:

a. note all rule application questions
b. keeping track of the discussions (what, about 50-75 e-mails a day?
not counting the test list)
c. keeping track of the Lists' conclusions, if any, and unanimity of
decisions, again if any
d. collating and editing questions for clarity
e. presenting them to Jon (and perhaps back to the List)
f. waiting while Jon gets out of a sculting mood and into a Ruling
Arbitratioin mood
g. incurring the wrath of those listers who'd rather get their Islamic
Fed ships **now**, rather than have you interrupt Jon and perhaps
break his sculpting mood (okay, some of the listers would rather see
Bugs Don't Surf, or FB3, or FT3, or FMASk, or DS3--but I'm interested
in the Islamic Fed ships, and I can make a business trip to whatever
city you live in--my accounting manager was just telling me last week
that I need to spend $2000/month on travel)
h. nailing down Jon's answer (ie not taking "well, do it any way you
like, it's your game" for an answer)
i. collating, formatting and posting the replies
j. receiving the List's response to the posting and making any
corrections needed (ie cycle a-i again)
k. maintain and move the web site as needed

 you can just take as gospel Jon's dictum: "Play the game, not the
rules."

Prev: Re: [SG2] New Rules Playtest Results Next: Re: [FT] New FAC? Was "New IF ships"