Prev: New FAQ was Re: New IF ships Next: Re: [FT] New FAC? Was "New IF ships"

Re: New IF ships

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 18:02:18 EDT
Subject: Re: New IF ships

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001 16:34:00 -0500 devans@uneb.edu writes:

>***
>What do you think? Bad idea? Good idea? I'm not
>trying to make work for Jon, but there are places
>in the rules where there is a lot of room for
>disagreement (especially in the fragmented fighter
>rules).
>***
>
>While suggestions of resolving conflicts has a nice sound, Jon has
>from the
>beginning suggested that we work these things out ourselves. Now, I've
>admitted I've not been doing a lot of FT of recent, but if my regular
>mates
>suggested to me that Multiple Group Dogfights means One-on-One
>Dogfights,
>I'd be deciding I didn't need to playing that often anyway.

Back to the meaning of 'is" I mean "multiple" <grin> but I second this
logical thought.

Most of us are	most of the time able to work these things out.

Now, I'm not ready to run a FT game with fighters at a national Con yet
but this reminds me that I should have a pre-printed set of 'house
rules'
and interpretations of areas where I think there needs to be a
pre-determined guideline in the local con games  I have started running
last year (so far only about one handful.)  But if all else fails, I am
the GM and have final say (I just need to try and be as accurate as I
can
be and then it's "Play on!"

>Now, there's nothing to stop them from making ALL dogfights initiative
>based. They're free to so play if they wish; they just have to get you
>agree. Not Jon.

It's an open game format - if it leads to unbalanced or abusive play
then
the 'adults' get together and make changes as necessary, right?

>I'd much rather he'd be delivering a playtest copy of BDS for the list
>attempt to make as bulletproof as possible. He doesn't need to be
>constantly wording the meaning of 'is'.

Agree in principle although I am a DS2 freak first and foremost followed
by FT but no interest in SG2 (I use Starguard when I want to get
ambushed
successfully.)

>We can let US presidents do that.

Hopefully never again but I have been feverish lately...  That may
account for the optimism.

>However, it's Jon's call.
>
>The_Beast

Concur - let Jon game test and make the rules as good as reason and
imagination allow with hopefully no glaring errors and then let the
participants work it out.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: New FAQ was Re: New IF ships Next: Re: [FT] New FAC? Was "New IF ships"