Prev: OCSW was RE: [FT] Military Overcharging Next: Re: OCSW was RE: [FT] Military Overcharging

Re: New IF ships

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 12:42:47 -0400
Subject: Re: New IF ships

> Islamics:
> Patrol cruiser, heavy cruiser and big carrier.
>
> Thanks for the Islamic suggestions, especially the class names.

For the Carrier, how about a class name: Makkah (Mecca) for the CVA,
with
Dimashq (Damascus) for the forthcoming CVL?  Saudi Arabia already uses
Makkah as a ship name and, if we make it a CVA, hopefully the captain
will
be allowed to hang back and not risk his ship.

  I don't have any designs for a CVA because I personally don't much use
fighters, but the IF certainly would--big and fast, not quite eggshells,
stuffed with fighters and missiles, with a distinct aversion to getting
within beam range.  (Hey, the carrier can always FTL out--the pilots are
expendable, er, that is, glorious Islamic martyrs headed for Paradise,
of
course.  We'll need "kamikaze" rules here).

Prev: OCSW was RE: [FT] Military Overcharging Next: Re: OCSW was RE: [FT] Military Overcharging