Prev: Re: Some "help" for St. Jon Next: Re: Stargrunt Question

Re: [FT] Military Overcharging

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:28:54 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Military Overcharging

> > Anyway, as for milspec kit costing more, even when selling a simple
off
> > the shelf wrench it's more expensive. Why? Simply because the whole
> > milspec documenting apparatus has to be run for the simple wrench.
Which
> > is why we always have a seperate list of 'commercial' items that we
> > recommend the customer to buy at a nerby hardware store. Of course,
> > there's always some who want to buy it through us. Which costs.

Occasionally the Navy shops would want to buy some piece of material,
below
our $50 purchase minimum and the guy didn't want to fill out the 17
pages of
paperwork to buy it.  So I'd "give" him a "sample" and he'd authorize a
bit
higher price on the next PO

Prev: Re: Some "help" for St. Jon Next: Re: Stargrunt Question