Prev: Re: Some "help" for St. Jon Next: Re: [OT]Look alike figures and copyright

[OT]Look alike figures and copyright

From: Jeremey Claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 16:19:36 +0100 ()
Subject: [OT]Look alike figures and copyright

Hello List,

As you may recall I am in the process of writing a website for
a miniatures manufacturer. (don't you dare start that thread again :)
Now I know there are several not-star was or not-babylon 5 ranges
out there amongst others.
What I want to know is have there been any copyright problems
from official sources?
Is the law sufficient to allow artistic licence for sculptors to make
look alike figures?

It's just that I do not want to display fully painted miniatures of
the look alike type if it is just going to attract unwanted attention.

Any thoughts?

Jeremey Claridge
jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk
www.germwarfare.co.uk

Prev: Re: Some "help" for St. Jon Next: Re: [OT]Look alike figures and copyright