Prev: Re: [FT] Robot workersRe: Why superships cost more per mass Next: Re: Why superships cost more per mass

Re: [FT] Military Overcharging

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 10:13:43 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Military Overcharging

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Alan and Carmel Brain wrote:

> From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@horusinc.com>
>
> > Once again, there is a less fine line between "maximizing
profitability"
> and
> > "charging the market price" to "sticking to the government because
we can"
> > (remember those $900 toilet seats, and $500 wrenches back in the
70's or
> > 80's?) I would guess that it happens more than we know but less
often than
> > we are afraid of...
>
> Tall Tales But True Dept.

I loved those, thanks :)

Anyway, as for milspec kit costing more, even when selling a simple off
the shelf wrench it's more expensive. Why? Simply because the whole
milspec documenting apparatus has to be run for the simple wrench. Which
is why we always have a seperate list of 'commercial' items that we
recommend the customer to buy at a nerby hardware store. Of course,
there's always some who want to buy it through us. Which costs.

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE7PYpBJXH58oo6ncURAjsaAKCPxseAdl7sTNlqyyJlp4OoEMtGqwCg5vGQ
cbNymw8yqZNMuw8AkX6LIUQ=
=0+Wq

Prev: Re: [FT] Robot workersRe: Why superships cost more per mass Next: Re: Why superships cost more per mass