Prev: Re: [FT] Robot workersRe: Why superships cost more per mass Next: Re: [FT] Robot workersRe: Why superships cost more per mass

Re: [sg] More on the Gurkhas

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:48:36 -0400
Subject: Re: [sg] More on the Gurkhas

At 4:48 PM +1000 6/29/01, Derek Fulton wrote:

>Possibly, but they wouldn't be the Gurkhas of popular ledgend. I saw
>a report a show called 'Foreign Correspondent' on the National
>Boardcaster (ABC) which was about peacekeeping in the west coast of
>Africa, forget exactly where though. The reporter and his film crew
>went out on patrol with a unit of Indian army Gurkhas through a
>highly dangerous area (so the reporter claimed) and frankly these
>guys weren't a patch on the British army Gurkhas.

At least at current, the British get the best of the best from those
that volunteer for service. The pay in Britian is better, the time of
service is around 15 years and as such they have really good troops.
That second web site that I posted explains quite a bit.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -