Prev: Re: Why superships cost more per mass Next: Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 07:12:48 -0500
Subject: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

Something else I just thought of that no-one has brought up yet (I think
<g>).

What is the cost to employ the ships during their lifespan? There is the
obvious fact that a large ship with more crew has greater life support
costs, salaries, etc. But what about fuel and annual maintenance? These
are
all among the reasons why a small ships *can be* more economical to
operate
than large ships...

Prev: Re: Why superships cost more per mass Next: Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?