Prev: [SG2] Generic Weapons? (was Re: [SG] Crew Served Weapons???) Next: Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

Re: [SGII] Ghurka Pipers - military trivia for the day - TERROR

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 21:32:59 -0400
Subject: Re: [SGII] Ghurka Pipers - military trivia for the day - TERROR

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 00:53:30 +0200 (CEST), Derk Groeneveld
<derk@cistron.nl>
wrote:

>Naw, I sill don't think bagpipes would generally get the bonus. But in
>specefic scenario's they could (e.g. out of the mist comes this eery
>noise... As opposed to 'across the parking lot comes rushing a bunch of
>guys, one of whom is playing a bagpipe' ;)

I think it has more to do with the implication of what's around those
bagpipes. The reason bagpipes gave deliterious morale effects had
everything
to do with the troops associated with them.

Give my favourite comedian's favourite regiment, The Queen's Own
Deserters (no
one knows what they look like, as they are always seen from behind
heading
over the horizon) a set of bagpipes, and you may end up improving enemy
morale. :-)

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: [SG2] Generic Weapons? (was Re: [SG] Crew Served Weapons???) Next: Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?