Prev: Re: [SG] Crew Served Weapons??? Next: Re: [SG] Re: Terminator Miniature Help needed

Re: [SGII] Ghurka Pipers - military trivia for the day - TERROR

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:02:10 -0400
Subject: Re: [SGII] Ghurka Pipers - military trivia for the day - TERROR

>Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 21:41:03 +0200 (CEST)
>From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@cistron.nl>
>Subject: Re: [SGII] Ghurka Pipers - military trivia for the day

<snip>

>> Throughout their history, the Gurkhas have developed an impressive
close
>> combat reputation.  There are all kinds of anecdotal stories, from
various
>> wars they've been involved in, of the Gurkhas seemingly enjoying
being "up
>> close and personal".
>
>I think a terror effect is therefore deserved, piper or no.
>
>I'm also a bit wary about making 'magical instruments' GW-style out of
>bagpipes etc.

check out page 43 of the SG rule book:

"An attacking unit has a Terror Effect if it contains either weapons or
troops that instil great fear into their opposition - this includes
FLAME/INCENDARY weapons, units with reputations for especially vicious
hand-to-hand combat (eg: screaming Gurkhas brandishing sharp implements)
and spiky acid-dripping alien thingies - or even units with
psychological
weapons such as bagpipes..."

Etc.

The actual effect of a "Terror Effect" is discussed in the "initiating
close assault" section on page 41.

Adrian

Adrian Johnson

Prev: Re: [SG] Crew Served Weapons??? Next: Re: [SG] Re: Terminator Miniature Help needed