Prev: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules - BIG thanks & [FT] Some thinking on sensor and operational level games Next: [FT] ST Alternatives Re: [FT]Star Trek rules - BIG thanks

Re: [FT]Star Trek rules - BIG thanks

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:32:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules - BIG thanks

--- Don M <dmaddox1@hot.rr.com> wrote:
> >David,
> > Exactly right about the no consistency.
> > of	Micromachines, there is none. Also
> > My pet peeve with FASA ships and the
> > background i.e. their books, is calling a
> > ship a frigate that is larger then most others
> > Battle Cruisers ( this happens a lot with their
> Klingons)

Well it's a funny thing but the word Frigate has
meant different things thoughout history. FASA
uses it in it's ship of the line meaning to mean
a bigger than cruiser sized ship designed for battle
(actually a medium sized sailing war vessel) rather
than a 5000-7000 ton vessel between a destroyer
and a cruiser. So, that part doesn't bother me.
Task Force uses the second definition and even makes
them smaller than destroyers. The feds also like
to complicate things by trying to come up with
names that don't sound hostile -- explorer, starship,
and the like.

> > I talked Drew Bergstrom into making the Falcon
> Frigate
> > and  he is now making fighters for the 3 major
> Star Trek
> > races. I would like to see a proper sized defiant
> done next,
> > what do you think?

I've got a few falcons, they're cute as buttons.
I'd buy a pile of defiants if they were available.
I'm not sure exactly how big it SHOULD be, but
I'm guessing an inch to an inch & a half long?
Actually, if we go by that scene in First Contact
even 1 inch would be kind of big, but I wouldn't
make it much smaller.