Prev: RE: [FT] PBEM Game - Sentient Strife Next: RE: [FT]Star Trek rules?

Re: [FT]Star Trek rules - BIG thanks

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:29:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules - BIG thanks

--- Alan and Carmel Brain <aebrain@austarmetro.com.au>
wrote:

> I know I wasn't asked, but the ones at
>
> http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain/FT/INDEX.HTM
>
> are all to the same scale. From different
> manufacturers as
> noted,...

Yes, the Micromachine constitutions are the right
scales, but most of the rest of their ships aren't.
The defiant is too big (as is voyager). The excelsior
is too small. The galaxy is WAY too small. The
ambassador is way too small, etc. There is no
consistency.

Basically you can start with the task force and
the FASA ships which are basically in scale to
each other about ABOUT 1/3900 (or 1/3800 or 1/3788
or something). This is because they both have a
constitution ship at the same size.

THEN you can branch out to the rawcliffe ships
which are the same size as the FASA ships they
mimic. Then there are bits and pieces -- Rawcliffe's
Galaxy which isn't bad for scale. This Enterprise E
which seems to me to be pretty close. The
Micromachines
Constellation (Stargazer) which isn't bad. The
Nebula which *may* be ok, though it seems a bit
small. From there, you have to pretty much call
a small excelsior another kind of ship to make it
believable.

Prev: RE: [FT] PBEM Game - Sentient Strife Next: RE: [FT]Star Trek rules?