Prev: Re: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG] Next: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?

Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation(was:[OT]UnpredictableAI)

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 04:14:11 -0400
Subject: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation(was:[OT]UnpredictableAI)

Beth Fulton wrote:

>  >The few fighters I have built were about
>  >2 times thrust of the average ships.
>
> Interesting, I would've guessed 4 - 5 times at least. Do you play
vector or
> cinematic (sorry if I've asked that before)?

Cinematic.  When you build the fighters yourself, you tend to base them
on your
own ideas/experience....I "used" to play Starfire a lot.  (Before I gave
it up,
I had used fighters, and came up with my own variants.	I tired of
patching all
of the problems...)

In Starfire (Version 1...), Fighters had a speed of 9-12, and the best
ship
speed was 6.  Oh yes, Carriers were a special case and could do 7.
Fighter
speed was dependant on how much exteranal weapons the fighter carried.
It has
been a long time since I played...I may have some of the numbers wrong.

Anyway, Starfire(version 1) fighters seemed to work well for me.  So I
tend to
develop my own fighters along those lines.

>  >Wowzers.  You must have lived right out there.
>  >In my case the nearest city is an 1/2 hour drive away.
>
> By Aussie (and I don't doubt Canadian and maybe US) standards that's a
walk
> in the park. There's a reason our outback vets, doctors, politicians
and
> priests have their own planes ;)
>
> Cheers
>
> Beth

So...How many "miles" to the nearest neighbor?	;-)

Donald Hosford.

Prev: Re: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG] Next: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?