Prev: RE: [FT]Star Trek rules? Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #561

RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:22:07 -0500
Subject: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

A comment was made earlier that the current points cost would make a
good
economic cost while there should be multipliers for the economic cost in
campaign. I would argue that the exact opposite is true.

I would suggest that this is not the case in the "Canon" GZG universe,
if
this were the case then I would expect to see Pulse Torps on a much
greater
percentage of ships. Not only that but I would tend to expect to see
more of
them on the capitol ships...

(Though this is starting to sound like a Trekkie argument about why
things
"are" a certain way)

Economic costs of ships is much more than the size of a vessel, it is
also
what goes into it. There was also the comment made that all the ships
were
modular in nature and I must have missed something in the descriptions
in
the FB's. There have been various related ship classes and variants
within
each ship class but this is a far cry from modular.

Prev: RE: [FT]Star Trek rules? Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #561