Prev: Re: Mounted Cavalry (Dadada-dat-dada!) Next: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?

Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?

From: "stranger" <stranger@c...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:18:16 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?

> series....).	I am disappointed with using disruptors as merely
"beams".
> They should be more powerful.  I, for one, have the opinion that FT
would

In the FT to Trek conversions I'm doing, I use Beam 2's as Phasers, and
Beam
3's to represent Disrupters.  Works out well, and gives each race a nice
individual flavor.  I hope to have them posted soon.

> benefit from some of the SFB stuff.  I like SFB, my two biggest
complaints
> are the layout of the rules (they are SCARY, I have a massive notebook
of
> them) and that freaking damage allocation chart!  It takes to frickin
long
> to roll all of the damage.  Otherwise, I much enjoy SFB.  I think that
it
is
> fun to allocate energy.

The biggest problem with SFB for miniatures is it plays too slowly.
People
playing with mini's like to "push lead" around, and don't want to wait a
millennia to do it.  SFB would benefit by taking out the impulses, and
streamlining the turn phases somewhat.	I think moving one ship at a
time a
la Star Blazers Fleet Battles or Babylon 5 Wars may benefit the game.
From
what I've been cobbling together, the SSD's, energy allocation, and all
of
that could be preserved quite nicely.  Its the impulses that need to go.

George

Prev: Re: Mounted Cavalry (Dadada-dat-dada!) Next: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?