Prev: Re: Mounted Cavalry (Dadada-dat-dada!) Next: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 23:18:26 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, David Griffin wrote:

> Systems like this bother me. Basically it's an
> attempt to force each side to take ships that
> they don't really think belong in a major engagment
> between large ships. Haven't you guys just been
> convincing me that those small ships get crumpled
> like an empty beer can when fighting big ships?
> Wouldn't it be a better use of the fleet's shipyards
> to build more big ships? Maybe size escalation is
> a natural consequence of the realities of combat.

Again, as said before, size escalation is a result of 'single battle
bring
N points combat', as opposed to, say, campaign play. 3 ships of 400 tons
each cannot watch over 12 systems, where 12 ships of 100 each CAN. Etc
etc
ad nauseum.

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE7N6ruJXH58oo6ncURAin+AJ0VDfgYviY/+NvRN2eo6M71irh5GQCbBe7T
SUiaG+T31Mgk1Flih9CXU0o=
=JKyZ

Prev: Re: Mounted Cavalry (Dadada-dat-dada!) Next: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?