Prev: Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass? Next: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?

Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 13:30:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

--- Roger Books <books@jumpspace.net> wrote:
> I'm saying that we up the Combat Ability Points
> (CAP?)
> by the square of the hull boxes as a force leveller.
> It may be too much.  In our campaign we added
> maintenance
> costs of .001 X mass raised to the 1.6 power which
> seemed
> to work out nicely.  My BDN was the biggest ship
> anyone
> was willing to field.

That would be kind of a shame since some of my
coolest miniatures are the big ones. I'd like
a setup where I could field them without an
unfair advantage or disadvantage rather than
a system that discourages any big ship.

Cases in point: Federation Enterprise-E,
Excelsior, Galaxy. B5 Earthforce Warlock,
Victory. Vree Battlesaucer. UN SDN. and so
on.

Prev: Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass? Next: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?