Prev: Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass? Next: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:57:24 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?

On 25-Jun-01 at 15:49, David Griffin (carbon_dragon@yahoo.com) wrote:

> That's interesting. For any kind of size ship
> though (2 100 mass vs. 1 200 mass) my 200 mass
> ships can't really kill a battlecruiser (100 mass)
> in 1 round. At best it tends to threshhold it or
> maybe a little better. Then it get's threshholded
> by the fire of both the battlecruisers.

If I can barely threshold a mass 100 ship with a mass
200 ship (these ships will have equivalent weapons
loads) the two smaller ships will _not_ threshold
the big ship.  Second turn, you have a thresholded
ship, I do not.  You set off 1/2 your firepower,
still no threshold.  I set off all of mine.  The
thresholded ship has another threshold, maybe two
and is a mission kill.

You then fire what is left, I take a threshold.  I
have tons  of DCPs.  I fix  much and threshold your
second ship.

Prev: Re: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass? Next: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass?