Prev: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass? Next: Re: Mounted Cavalry (Dadada-dat-dada!)

Re: Mounted Cavalry (Dadada-dat-dada!)

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:45:18 -0400
Subject: Re: Mounted Cavalry (Dadada-dat-dada!)

At 11:11 AM -0700 6/25/01, Don M wrote:
>They will be in modern kit, the chaps ect. were in the FM,
>but all well be redesigned to look a bit more Sci-fi like. As
>for the boots they will be in a riding type, the dismounted
>guys will have conventional boots of some type.
>'

They change their boots when the dismount? Not likely.

Combat boots protect well enough when riding (I ride a
motorcycle...). The leg armour should work well as protection against
what chaps were meant to help against...things like thorns and
brambles. Coybows tended to wear those more since they had to dive
into the brush to snag/snare errant cattle. Cavalry and Dragoons
don't tend to need that as much I think.

A nice compromise on the boots would be strappy tanker boots vs laced
up combat boots.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass? Next: Re: Mounted Cavalry (Dadada-dat-dada!)