Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Weapons of the Day Next: Small ships

Re: Sa'Vasku Weapons of the Day

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 20:21:55 -0700
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku Weapons of the Day

Beth Fulton wrote:

>  >If it wins, assimilates one defender point
>
> One defender point? Do you mean a damage party?

Well I was going by the FT2 book on boarding parties. I really haven't
even looked at them in a loooong time :) It the rule modification now
that CF factors are used to determan crew points then yes, it
assimilates a damage control party.

It's been a long 2 weeks on the road and my brain is fried :)

>  >Deployable Armour:
>  >
>  >Acts as regular armour.
>  >Acts as level 1 screen.
>
> Why both of these?

The idea was to have a unit that protected about beama nd armour
penetrating weapons. Instead of unbalancing by having an all stopping
unit I thought of a combination classic FT shield and armour layer.

>  >Spicules cannot be fired while armour is deployed.
>  >Stinger nodes limited to "middle" arc.
>
> I take it the higher power of the stinger lets it through or
something?

Well one reason is for a some game balance. The tech talk idea is that
since spicules are small and omni directional they would be covered by
the armour layer while the big stingers would have chanels to fire out
of but would be unable to rotate.

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Weapons of the Day Next: Small ships