Prev: Re: [OT] Unpredictable AI Next: Re: Small Ships--Why?

Re: Small Ships--Why?

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 16:57:02 EDT
Subject: Re: Small Ships--Why?

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:28:39 -0400 (EDT) "Mark 'Indy' Kochte"
<kochte@stsci.edu> writes:
<snip>
>An alternative tactic to use, if you don't want to lose the escorts
>early, is to have them TRAIL the larger ships, not lead them into
>battle. This way they can't be picked off early. Then when in range,
>dash to the front and start hitting things. Now your opponent has
>multiple targets to deal with, and some decisions to make (continue
>targetting the larger ships, or start focusing on the small fry?).
>
>Mk
>
><re-lurk, re-work>

A friend of mine who used to do SFB when he could be coereced out of
FRPG's said his only real victory resulted from screening his smaller
ships by leading with his only big ship so it's not only a workable plan
but the problem exists in all games (we all fight the min-max syndrome).

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [OT] Unpredictable AI Next: Re: Small Ships--Why?