Prev: Re: [SG] [FMAS] Cybermen etc. Next: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?

Re: Sa'Vasku Weapons of the Day

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 16:35:21 +0100
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku Weapons of the Day

In message <3B358917.C52CD329@spikyfishthing.com>
	  Jaime Tiampo <fugu@spikyfishthing.com> wrote:

> Ok, just got back from a long trip and I've been thinking. Yes I know
> htat's dangerous.
>
> So I've come up with 2, well ok 1, well ok reworkings of 2 earlier
> ideas. I think I've got it mostly worked out but I know it'll need
some
> tweaking.
>
> Assimilation Pods:
>
> 1 biomass 3 energy
> Does one damage to armour
> Acts as 1 boarding party.
> If it wins, assimilates one defender point
> If the pod assimilates the entire crew the ship is in control of
> sa'vasku player.
>
> When fired en mass only assimilates one defender per round.

Well, something like this has already been suggested and discussed some
time ago, have a search of the archive with 'bjorg assimilation pods'
Probably worth taking a look at some of the alternate boarding party
rules out there as well.

> Deployable Armour:
>
> Mass: 5% of total mass minimum 2 mass.
> Cost: Mass x 6
> Energy: Mass x 1 from D pool
>
> Deploys 5 points of armour above carapace.
> Acts as regular armour.
> Acts as level 1 screen.
> Declare active in orders.
> When all armour boxes marked off generator is taken offline as per a
> critical hit.
> Can be repaired. (this sticks in my mind. I'm not sure about it)
well, it eats another biomass box...
> Spicules cannot be fired while armour is deployed.
> Stinger nodes limited to "middle" arc.
> Shields cannot be active while armour is deployed.

PSB question - what does this represent - I have an image of an SV ship
with a layer of armour _crawling_ over its surface (like a big slug) :-)

> Well there's what I've come up with while being in a hour 13 driving
> stuper.
>
> Jaime

Charles

Prev: Re: [SG] [FMAS] Cybermen etc. Next: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?