Prev: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT]UnpredictableAI) Next: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT]Unpredictable AI)

[FT] fighters are fighters, not small ships

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 03:20:34 -0400
Subject: [FT] fighters are fighters, not small ships

One good argument:
If, as we do, you play fast moving vector with
the three counter (past, current, future) for
vectors, go ahead and add in an extra 100% (a
guess, but if carriers bring 6 fighter groups,
then 50% would be my minimum guess at the
added number of ship equivalents in a big fleet)
to the number of counters to handle and move
each turn. NO THANKS. :) Fighters are very
simple as they are. There are probably
loopholes (the high speed ship slipstreaming
hordes of slower fighters). But by en large the
rules work.