Prev: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT]Unpredictable AI) Next: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT]UnpredictableAI)

Sa'Vasku Weapons of the Day

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 23:30:47 -0700
Subject: Sa'Vasku Weapons of the Day

Ok, just got back from a long trip and I've been thinking. Yes I know
htat's dangerous.

So I've come up with 2, well ok 1, well ok reworkings of 2 earlier
ideas. I think I've got it mostly worked out but I know it'll need some
tweaking.

Assimilation Pods:

1 biomass 3 energy
Does one damage to armour
Acts as 1 boarding party.
If it wins, assimilates one defender point
If the pod assimilates the entire crew the ship is in control of
sa'vasku player.

When fired en mass only assimilates one defender per round.

Deployable Armour:

Mass: 5% of total mass minimum 2 mass.
Cost: Mass x 6
Energy: Mass x 1 from D pool

Deploys 5 points of armour above carapace.
Acts as regular armour.
Acts as level 1 screen.
Declare active in orders.
When all armour boxes marked off generator is taken offline as per a
critical hit.
Can be repaired. (this sticks in my mind. I'm not sure about it)
Spicules cannot be fired while armour is deployed.
Stinger nodes limited to "middle" arc.
Shields cannot be active while armour is deployed.

Well there's what I've come up with while being in a hour 13 driving
stuper.