Prev: RE: [DS] Steve Gibson's Infantry Expansion Next: RE: [FT] PBEM Game - Sentient Strife

Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT]Unpredictable AI)

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 21:05:38 +0200
Subject: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT]Unpredictable AI)

Donald Hosford wrote:

>(I never understood why fighters needed their own move segment, their
own
>attack segment, their own move system, ect.  Seems much simpler to
treat them
>as very small ships -- Which is what they are anyway.)

Fighters have a weapon range of 6mu. If you treat them exactly like
ships
(incl. pre-written orders), their chance of getting close enough to the
enemy to fire is... pretty minimal, like :-/

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: RE: [DS] Steve Gibson's Infantry Expansion Next: RE: [FT] PBEM Game - Sentient Strife