Prev: Re:Small Ships--Why? Next: Re:Small Ships--Why?

Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT]Unpredictable AI)

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 10:07:46 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT]Unpredictable AI)

On 23-Jun-01 at 03:32, Donald Hosford (Hosford.Donald@acd.net) wrote:
> Here are some quick thoughts on these questions.
>
> Just treating each squadron as a ship seems simple to me...how do you
> handle haveing 28 ships on the table then?  Whats a few more?  The
data
> sheet for a squadron seems much simpler than the simplest ship's data
sheet
> anyway.

It's often not just a few more.  With 14 ships on a side it is quite
possible for 3 of those to be carriers with 15-20 fighter squadrons.
If you have to track fighters like ships your afternoon battle turns
into a	multi-day battle.  Also, you lose much of the flex built into
fighters.  They stop being fighters and turn into small ships.	:)

Prev: Re:Small Ships--Why? Next: Re:Small Ships--Why?