Prev: RE: [FT] Traveller Fighter Groups Next: Small Ships--Why?

RE: Small Ships--Why?

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:00:24 -0500
Subject: RE: Small Ships--Why?

> To the Wise and Venerable list,
>
> I apologize in advance for bringing up a topic I am certain must
> have been
> discussed many times on this group.
> I have had little success locating references in the archive so I
> will beg
> your indulgence here.
> My group has been having discussions as of late regarding the
> usefulness of
> smaller vessels (10 to 50 mass).  So far, we have found only a couple
of
> uses for them.  As a note, we play cinematic rules.

<SNIP>

> They seem to get smoked well before any beam weapons they are armed
with
> fire.  Their increased maneuverability seems to have little impact on
> increasing their survivability.  It may simply be a function of my
play
> group's lack of experience but larger ships seem to be the way to
> go. In a
> design-your-own environment or in the Fleet Book fleets, would
> small ships
> have a role in your fleet in one-off games?

<SNIP>

I think that you have your answer right there...

In a one-off game, there is little reason to do so unless you have some
fantastic tactical plan based around it.

In a campaign game with economic rules however... (see the last thread
on
campaigns)

David

Prev: RE: [FT] Traveller Fighter Groups Next: Small Ships--Why?