Prev: Re: [FT] Traveller Fighter Groups Next: Re: [OT] Unpredictable AI

RE: SV (was [OT] Unpredictable AI)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:07:27 +1000
Subject: RE: SV (was [OT] Unpredictable AI)

G'day,

 >The biomass is a real disadvantage, but you tend to
 >launch fighters well before coming into range

At which point you make sure all the appropriate biomass is crossed off
and
then you've already got some potentially easily killed ships. I've yet
see an SV ship yet that is a major drone launcher that doesn't end up
with
naff all biomass once the fighters are out.

 >Not having special fighters IS a disadvantage, but
 >Savasku can usually field more fighters for
 >a single point level, so it's not such an issue
 >in my mind. My group has never to my knowledge played
 >the ace/turkey rule, though we've talked about it.
 >
 >So, I kind of think in practice that the Sv have the
 >sweeter end of the stick.

Played against many human soap bubble carrier groups? I think you'll
find
the same thing.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: Re: [FT] Traveller Fighter Groups Next: Re: [OT] Unpredictable AI