Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Next: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

RE: [OT] Unpredictable AI

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:21:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [OT] Unpredictable AI

--- "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)"
<Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil> wrote:
> Your points are well taken, however they are still
> at a disadvantage in many
> fighter on fighter engagements. Both Interceptors
> and Heavy Fighters would
> be devistating.

Given equal numbers of them. Given 2:1 odds though
(2 Sv squadrons to 1 human), it's the humans who are
in trouble. Now how many fighters the Sv can field
depends on their biomass and probably other things,
but they seem to be able to generate a LOT of fighters
if they're willing to lose a lot of biomass. Now this
might leave them vulnerable, but you might not be
in a position to capitalize on it if you're being
mobbed by a bunch of fighters all the way across
the board.

> True, the Mothership could grow replacement drones,
> but unless each group of
> drones grown (beyond the first set), does more than
> 6 damage to the opposing
> fleet (not counting damage to opposing fighters),
> the SV is on the loosing
> end of the stick (as it takes 6 biomass (hull) to
> grow a fighter group).

I think their fighters do standard damage, so it's
just standard beam damage, averaging out to 0.79
destroyed fighters per fighter in each squadron.
Interceptors are better, but often the interceptor
squadrons get mauled before they can fire in our
games (some of them anyway) because not all of the
interceptors go first (play alternates between
squadrons on each side -- I *think* that's a standard
rule not a house rule).

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Next: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI