Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Next: RE: Sa'Vasku

Re: [sg] Bagpipers, NAC

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:07:11 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [sg] Bagpipers, NAC

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Ryan Gill wrote:

> At 9:35 AM +0200 6/20/01, Derk Groeneveld wrote:
> >
> >In fact, there's a long history of fraternization between Ghurka's
and
> >Highlander regiments. However, I've not come across references to
Ghurka
> >pipers, but given a few hundred years, who knows ;)
>
> http://www.army.mod.uk/army/organise/infan/gurkha/index.htm
>
> Check out the bottom of the page referring to official march songs.
> They have one that is played on the pipes....Can't you see the
> Gurkhas liking the pipes simply for the fact that everyone (aside
> from the Scots) hates and fears them...?

Ah yes, sounds just about appropriate. After all, these are the little
tribesmen from Nepal who, after their first year of service with the
brits
(or thereabouts) bestowed the british infantry with the compliment that
they were 'ALMOST as good as the Ghurka infantry'.

> >P.S. <plug>You did sign up for the new Ghurka figures at Eureka's
website,
> >yes?</plug>
>
> I bought as bunch....
>

> But sign up for the  new ones? what do you mean? The New figs program
> thingy at Eureka?

On the second page of their Club 100 sci-fi figures (after all the
proposed jaegers) is a short list of proposed Ghurka figures, like a
prone sniper, a spotter, a prone GMS/P launcher (as opposed to the
IAVR's
they all carry), and a kneeling SAW gunner. There could be more, but
those I can recall off the top of my head.

Once there are enough people who have signed up to show their interest,
Eureka will start production. So, if you're interested, 'order' some of
those figs. (They cost 0.00$ to order, and when they are modelled, you
can THEN decide to actually order them or not, based on quality etc.
That
is, if I understood the web page correctly)

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE7MLwmJXH58oo6ncURAo5JAKC5VjbZDQo0NDOK6lAuJ9YA8+/nSgCePyM/
RB+oDFyHj08SofvxceStFoE=
=u2lh

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Next: RE: Sa'Vasku