Prev: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI Next: RE: [FT] Unpredictable AI

Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:53:00 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

Well in "my" :) Universe AI's are truly predictable.  First you
make them (a large investment) then you spend years training
them.  After 4 or 5 years their intelligence exceeds that of
humans for about a  year.  Then the things start getting erratic
and the information becomes disconnected from reality as they
invent their own little universe.

Needless to say they are expensive, you not only need to make
the AIs you need constant attention from highly trained
individuals and the time to internalization to their own
private universe is highly variable.  You don't want something
that could flake out at an moment piloting a fighter, especially
when it has come to grips with the concepts of death.

PSB, can't remember what book I stole it from.

Prev: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI Next: RE: [FT] Unpredictable AI