Prev: RE: [sg] Bagpipers, NAC Next: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

Re: Sa'Vasku

From: kaime@m...
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 06:25:34 -0400
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku

-----Original Message-----
From: Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 3:24 AM
>If you want an [OFFICIAL] ruling to quote at people, then as far as I'm
>concerned the changes that Beth and the others have outlined (reduce
>stinger range band to 9", shift Pods to R pool and spicules to D pool)
are
>about as close to being [OFFICIAL] as anything right now. This will
finally
>be "confirmed" in the next book we put out (no, DON'T ask when that'll
>be....) but for the moment consider them the "officially favoured
option
>for further testing".
>
>Jon (GZG)

That's keeping somatic minded people's wits stretched to the breaking
point.
:)

I do hope that those who have problems with the Sa'Vasku play them on
occasion before they voice their opinions for radical changes.	I've
notice
in my area most who want them altered or outlawed have never played
them.
Most try to say mathematically they are broken.  I often ask if they
know
how to handle repairs of Sa'Vasku ship or other factors and most don't
know
of the top of their heads (something I clarified with Jon a while back.)
This means they are looking at one portion of the Sa'Vasku rules,
normally
weapons, and not the whole package.

I for one think Sa'Vasku in holding territory scenarios can be
challenging.
I also see a general lack of tactics normally when people attack
Sa'Vasku.
Treating Sa'vasku fleets as Human fleets is a mistake.	Maybe since I
have
9000+ pts. of painted/marked Sa'Vasku ships, 24+ painted/marked Sa'Vasku
Fighters and a custom 'Starfish' FTL Fortress (Ryan and David G. on the
list
have seen this,) my opinions could be challenged as objective, but I
also
play against them as there is another Sa'Vasku player here in town.  I'd
hate to see a great race and my investment go down the tubes, especially
if
the one wanting the action have not played the race in question to
better
understand them.

In short, play them, not once but many times in many engagements, know
all
of the Sa'Vasku rules, and then if you feel they are honestly still
broken
suggest changes based on the whole picture.  From my experience maybe
custom
big ships do need some work - I don't use custom ships for the Sa'Vasku
normally.  I'm not saying all may not have understood fully the Sa'Vasku
rules nor played them, I'm just speaking from my experience here in
Atlanta
GA USA where we have a sizable group.

Aimee
*Engage Lurking Field*

Prev: RE: [sg] Bagpipers, NAC Next: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI