Prev: RE: Sa'Vasku Next: Re: [sg] Bagpipers, NAC

FT-Fighters

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 07:29:03 +0100
Subject: FT-Fighters

Reading the discussions on the list about fighters having human pilots
or
AI`s, I wish to piont out that a human pilot makes mistakes that can end
up
being benificial that a AI wouldn`t make. As a example, think of the
battle
of midway, when the USA fighters attacked the Japanise carriers. The
carriers defended themselves against the attackeds, and when driven off
landed the plains to rearm and refuel. At this piont, a flight of
torpedo
(or was it dive bombers, I forget) fighters that had got lost on the
outward
leg of the jurney and were returning to home, came across the carriers
while
they were vulnerable, and the rest is history.

BIF

"Yorkshire born, yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

PS-DS has fighters, I think FT has paracite ships (at 100 tonnes,
they`re
too large to be fighters to me <G>).

Prev: RE: Sa'Vasku Next: Re: [sg] Bagpipers, NAC