Prev: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site Next: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 18:11:57 EDT
Subject: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

In a message dated 6/18/01 4:43:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
rmgill@mindspring.com writes:

> The Learning curve is not that steep. If you can use a computer, you
> can get it right. Eureka already has some pictures. Someone figured

I've been in the hobby forfor forty one years. I still HATE buying by
mail,
phone or internet because I cannot hold the product in hand and look at
it.
Now, I do buy by phone, mail and internet when I MUST (and that is more
and
more often as local hobby stores dry up and blow away). When I MUST use
the
internet, I sure want to see what I am buying - and that is a pale
reflection
of picking the package up and examining the hell out of it before I part
with
money to the shop owner, who is usually someone I know pretty well. Web
stores cannot have that kind of customer interaction - if they do not
even
have pictures then they are crippled even more.

I have become computer literate and competent through schooling and self

learning. As more and more hobby businesses find they can keep	their
doors
open with a combination of local sales, internet sales and phone orders
- and
may (SHOCK OF IT ALL) make a little money, they are going to have to
become
competent in these other forms of selling. It is a survival thing.

Prev: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site Next: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site