Prev: Subject: RE: Sensors Next: Re: [Ft] Objects was fwd: [Full Thrust] Earn Good Karma, Help a Newbie (fwd)

Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:04:33 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

On 18-Jun-01 at 01:23, Derek Fulton (derekfulton@bigpond.com) wrote:
> At 12:27  18/06/01 -0400, you wrote:
> >Very good point. I haven't bought any figures "sight unseen". I have
> >either seen the figures myself, or had recommendations by people. On
the
> >other hand, I also want to see the pictures. I won't buy figures from
> >line I trust, even, if I can't see what I'm buying. For one thing, I
want
> >to know that a ship, figure, vehicle, etc. listed in the catalogue is
what
> >I think it is.
>
> Back before the internet, and when there was only mail order via sea
unless
>  you really wanted to pay the cost of airmail. We would order a few
> miniatures to look them over.

But now we are odering off the internet and they have the
capability of pictures.

Not to be harsh, but if a company doesn't put pictures of what
they are selling on the net I feel safe making the assumption
they don't want to show me their product.  If they don't
want me to see it I don't want to buy it.

Prev: Subject: RE: Sensors Next: Re: [Ft] Objects was fwd: [Full Thrust] Earn Good Karma, Help a Newbie (fwd)