Prev: Re: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust Next: Re: SST TOE

RE: beams and shooting at fighters

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:00:54 -0400
Subject: RE: beams and shooting at fighters

At 1:14 PM -0700 6/14/01, Damond Walker wrote:
>  Having said that...we need to project technology several hundred
years into
>the future.  We have beam systems that are capable of hitting a target
>anywhere from 12k to 36k+ kilometers distant yet we can't intelligently
>target an incoming swarm of missles or fighters?

Its not simple when those missiles and fighters are stealthy, doing
everything they can to evade and are putting out decoys and false
emissions to help you miss. ICBMs play this game already. Thats why
the Anti-ICBM folks much prefer hitting the thing on Boost Phase
(much more vulnerable there...).

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: Re: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust Next: Re: SST TOE