Prev: RE: [FT] Background vs Scenario Balance Next: Re: [Ft] Objects was fwd: [Full Thrust] Earn Good Karma, Help a Newbie (fwd)

Re: [Ft] Objects was fwd: [Full Thrust] Earn Good Karma, Help a Newbie (fwd)

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:20:26 -0500
Subject: Re: [Ft] Objects was fwd: [Full Thrust] Earn Good Karma, Help a Newbie (fwd)

***
I use lava rocks (the kind you use for outdoor gas grills).  They work
great
and are quiet resistant to "sneeze" events during the game :)
***

I, too, was going to mention them, as they are porous, a sort 'foam'
rock,
so much lighter than regular, though still heavy enough to stay in
place.

***
and clear coat them so they don't leave dust everywhere but you don't
have
to follow these steps if you don't want to.
***

I've seen paint jobs that do add to the effect; a little grey drybrush
can
really make the pits stand out.

However, these ARE fairly abrasive; a nice clear coat seems to mitigate
this, and, I think, can actually save paint jobs and knuckle skin when
in
close maneuvers. ;->=

Still, store/transport them separately from figs, if possible.