Prev: RE: Gurkhas uploaded Next: [FT]SML question

Re: [FT] Background vs Scenario Balance

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 07:48:48 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] Background vs Scenario Balance

----- Original Message -----
> Many things that balance out in a scenario don't even come close to
> balancing out in a campaign (and the other way around also...)

I have a slightly different but related question:

How do you cost ships that have a design feature that is irrelevant to
the
scenario in question ?

Say I have a ships that, because of the background universe used,
because of
some scenario considerations or because 'the mini looks that way' have
features that are irrelevant to the planned game. Examples could be
streamlining, ortillery, or even such things as screens against an enemy
all
of whose weapons ignore screens or FTL vs. a planetary defense force
without
FTL.

I still would like to have a reasonably balanced force, but the side
with
the extra features will be weaker in game terms.

Do you just add a fudge factor for the weaker side ?
Re-calculate the ships as if they didn't have the feature ?
What else ?

Greetings

Prev: RE: Gurkhas uploaded Next: [FT]SML question