Prev: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance? Next: RE: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?

RE: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:25:19 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?

On Wednesday, June 13, 2001 10:09 AM, Richard and Emily Bell
[SMTP:rlbell@sympatico.ca] wrote:
> On the plus side, the amount of slew required is inversely
proportional
> to the range, so if we assumed the targetting systems are up to the
> task, all classes of beams could be allowed to fire at fighters in the
> range band where they only roll one die, but not at closer ranges.
The
> larger beams are useless for point defense, but they can reach out and
> touch somebody.

When I did my HH conversion, I had to include rules for this.  I had all
weapons rolling 1 die using "C-1 as PDS" rules within their normal arc,
as I
deleted the missile lock roll for SMLs (so they needed the extra
defence).

Hmm... time to revisit those rules I think.

'Neath Southern Skies - http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[MKW2] Admiral Peter Rollins - Task Force Zulu-Beta

Prev: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance? Next: RE: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?