Prev: Re: Limited AAR for FT at BenCon in Denver Next: RE: Shipping Cost from the UK

RE: Shipping Cost from the UK

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:56:37 -0500
Subject: RE: Shipping Cost from the UK

Thank you very much for all the *prompt* replies. I think that I can say
without a doubt that my next purchase will be direct to GZG with these
costs
and turn-around times...

Having worked on the retail side for a number of years (but no more and
now
sadly without the discount :-( ) I can state for the record that many of
the
retailers are just as frustrated with the situation. Many suppliers
within
the states are very difficult to work with (though I will have to say
that
KR was among the easiest and most pleasant BTW) and the turn-around time
is
generally pretty bad, no matter if you were buying $100 or $1000 worth
of
product. What I am curious is if there is a similar situation in the UK
of
middle-tier distributors in between the shop and the company? Is there
more
direct purchase via email/snailmail by consumers?

Just curious.

Thanks again!

David Rodemaker

<<SNIP>>
> When people order by credit card, we work out the postage charge based
on
> the weight of the final package (plus a small surcharge for
> packing costs);
> if you're ordering just metal, then often it runs to only between 10%
and
> 20% of the order value, only a little more than internal UK postage.
It's
> resin models and other heavy stuff that push the postage charges up,
for
> such orders you can be looking at the 30-50% mark.
> For example we despatched a small order to Canada today worth
> about 25 UKP,
> and the post/packing charge was only 3 UKP.
> For those few people who can only pay by money order or similar,
> we have to
> quote the higher rates to ensure we get sent enough to cover the cost
if
> the order turns out to be a heavy one.
<<SNIP>>